NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
JOB DUTY DESCRIPTION:
- Supervises, maintains discipline and control of inmates at all time.
- Performs searches of inmates’ persons and physical areas in order to prevent and control contraband
- Observes and monitors inmates’ activities and interactions while enforcing policy, rules and regulations.
- Follows established security procedure in controlling visitors, staff, inmate and vehicular traffic to prevent the admittance or exit of authorized persons and the introduction of contraband; takes and reports periodic counts of inmates.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with appropriate contingency plans.
- Subject to regular rotation or post and/or shift assignment within the facility.
- Corrections Officers are required to weapons qualify under KDOC guidelines during initial training and on an annual basis.
A full position description and required essential physical functions for this classification can be obtained by contacting the recruiter listed below.
Minimum Qualifications: At least 18 years of age at the time of appointment; high school diploma or equivalent; valid driver’s license; free of felony conviction(s); free of any felony and/or misdemeanor domestic violence crime as set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 922 (d) (9) and (g) (9); have taken and successfully passed the KDOC Corrections Officer test within the last year; and No DUI convictions within the last 24 months. Positions in this class require that at the time of appointment the selected candidate must have taken and passed a drug screening test approved by the Division of Personnel Services unless promoting, transferring, or demoting from another safety sensitive position within the same agency
How to Apply
Go to www.jobs.ks.gov
to complete and submit your electronic application.
- Or mail to Norton Correctional Facility, PO Box 546, Norton, KS 67654;
- Or contact NCF HR at 785-877-6643 to obtain an application and supplemental documents;
- Or email to email@example.com to obtain an application.
If you haven’t already done so, please register or update your personal data with the State of Kansas at www.jobs.ks.gov
, including submission of copy of DD214 if applicable. Applications and any required documents must be received by the application deadline of this announcement. Please call by closing date to confirm receipt of your application and required documents. EOE
Applicants selected for interview will be evaluated by an interview panel using performance/behavior based interview questions. The interview panel will make recommendations to the Warden for final approval. A second interview may be conducted. You will be subject to background check and criminal history investigation, must pass a drug screen and TB test unless promoting, transferring, or demoting from another safety sensitive position within the same agency.
CO I (A) s are evaluated on their ability to observe and recall inmate behavior, surroundings and events; write clear and complete sentences; respond to emergencies quickly, climb stairs, and use physical force to subdue violent and resisting inmates; remain alert over long periods of time; remain calm during stressful situations; and interact with inmates and co-workers to establish and maintain effective working relationships. The incumbent must be capable of performing Essential Physical Functions. An initial 12-month probationary period is required for new Corrections Officers.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate:
Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html
. A Tax Clearance
is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03.
Veteran Preference Eligible (VPE):
This position is eligible for veterans’ preference. Interested veterans must submit a DD 214 to the Department of Administration to be verified as a veteran under K.S.A. 73-201 prior to the vacancy close date. Verified veterans who meet the selection criteria for this position will be invited for an interview.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact 785-877-6643.
Norton Correctional Facility is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Verification of identity and employment eligibility in the United States is required by federal law.
1 total views, 0 today