Full-Time CDDO Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
One (1) Full-time position available, 40 hours per week
Job Summary: Have a working knowledge of the CDDO and its role in the 18 counties of Northwest Kansas. Work with individuals, affiliates and CDDO staff in ensuring that State and Federal practices and regulations are met. Assist with individuals in applying for services, gathering information for eligibility, and accessing resources in the CDDO area.
1. Perform initial and annual Functional Assessment (BASIS) for individuals seeking or using State funded I/DD services. Schedule Functional Assessment (BASIS) meeting that best meet the needs of the individual, guardians, providers and CDDO staff. Coordinate scheduling and manage appointments for efficient use of resources.
2. Coordinate and provide guidance to applicants within the CDDO & I/DD system. Assist applicants in accessing community resources and gather eligibility information. Assist in arranging appointments, interviews and tours for persons seeking services.
3. Provide training and assist case managers and service providers in completion of assessments, Functional Assessment (BASIS), and applications, etc., as needed.
4. Work with KAMIS database to access and coordinate information. Gather and prepare data for entry into databases.
5. Assist CDDO Services Manager in developing and maintaining CDDO processes and policies to efficiently perform required tasks for the CDDO.
6. Complete PASRR assessments as requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or four years experience in the I/DD field.
Experience: A minimum of six months experience working in the intellectual/developmental disabilities field.
Physical effort: Extent of physical effort required:
Routine job requirements. Little if any behavior or other physical intervention.
Requirements: Desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Must be willing to work within a team concept and be receptive to feedback from others.
Must have good people skills.
Must have good organizational skills, computer skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Detail oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills.
Ability to take initiative to respond to tasks needing to be completed, follow directions and needs little follow-up from supervisor.
Valid drivers license.
Able to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
How to ApplyTo apply please visit www.dsnwk.org
270 total views, 1 today