Full-Time Transportation Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
One (1) Full-time position available, 40 hours per week
1. Ensure the completion of preventative maintenance, safety inspections, and breakdown repairs of all agency vehicles.
2. Maintain flexible, feasible, and efficient transportation schedules for all vehicles.
3. Review and assess data from the Kansas Department of Transportation forms and reports.
4. Hire and supervise Transportation Department staff.
5. Oversee, develop, and implement provision of transportation services to ensure compliance with KDOT, FTA, KCC and other regulatory requirements.
6. Oversee the operation and cost-effectiveness of the ACCESS and KDOT Transportation Fare Systems.
7. Develop and implement transportation policies and procedures.
8. Develop and maintain interagency agreements relating to transportation services.
9. Oversee and plan department budget.
10. Works directly with local, county, state, and national officials on transportation related topics.
11. Develop and submit grant applications to fund operations and capital purchases.
Complete other duties as assigned by Director of Administrative Services.
Be on-call on a routine basis to respond to emergency situations that may arise.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
Experience: Two years related experience preferably in the area of coordinating transportation and vehicle operations for a rehabilitation or generic transportation system preferred. A familiarity with the Kansas Department of Transportation rules and regulations is strongly preferred. General experience with vehicle maintenance and/or transportation coordination is also required. Management/supervisor experience strongly preferred.
Physical effort: Extent of physical effort required:
Routine job requirements. Little if any behavior or other physical intervention.
Requirements: Valid drivers license.
Successful participation in drug and alcohol testing program as per agency policy.
Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
How to ApplyApply at www.dsnwk.org or Mail resume to PO Box 310 Hays, KS 67663
636 total views, 7 today